Tuesday, March 6, 2007

urchinssss

If I had my way, I would take all these street children that swarm Katipunan Avenue (or at least, in case I seem too much of an evil wacko, the ones that are unforgivably annoying) and have them sent away to be sold as lifelong slaves to work the coal mines. Or collectively shot, whichever seems more civil. I don't care, just get them out of here.

I was standing outside Kenny Roger's (not my idea, by the way) the other day with a blockmate, waiting for our other blockmates to show up for lunch, when this urchin started harassing us out of nowhere trying to sell something I didn't quite bother to notice. But it was supposedly edible.

We politely refused (that is, completely ignored) him, after which he started annoying the shit out of my blockmate. I wouldn't have cared so much, if the brat didn't turn to me next, as if to say, "now it's your turn to be harassed, bitch!" I muttered something about not having any money to spare as I was about to squander it on some roasted chicken from yon establishment in front of us, to which he replied with something about driving a knife through me. I was thoroughly frustrated with humanity at that point, although I managed to compose myself before I could strangle the little ass.

Anyway, the point is I don't like kids, much less annoying ones that make threats on my life. That's all I'm saying. I can imagine some self-righteous jackass linking this with that oh-so-hyped Atenean brand of apathy and the apparent clash between rich and poor, but may I remind you that I don't have lot of money myself. Really. Once I expressed intentions to advance some of my subjects during the summer so I could free up slots I could probably use on a minor. My parents weren't very helpful.

Me: I'd like to advance some of my subjects during the summer so I could free up slots I could probably use on a minor.

Dad: Wala tayong pambayad, gago.

But really. These are the people who will grow up to snatch your phone on the jeep in some future time we're talking about. Let's see your heart go out to them after they gang up on you in some dark alley. I say send them to the coal mines while it's not too late. Manual labor builds character.

(I'm gonna go to hell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment