Sunday, May 20, 2007

quickie: elections

Let's talk about the elections. Yay! Because it’s fun and interesting and has not already been discussed to death by thousands upon thousands of other people in their blogs all over the country. Or not.

I just can’t help but inwardly be amused upon hearing news of local celebrities in the electoral races lagging far behind the tallies. Gee, I wonder why? My personal favorite is a Manny Pacquiao miserably FAILING his congressional bout in South Cotabato. His own home province, people. I LOL.

See, I wasn’t even aware that Pacquiao was really, SERIOUSLY going to push through with it. Before the elections I’d only heard of him threatening to get into politics, and I shrugged it off saying, “aren’t there certain qualifications for that sort of thing?” Apparently not.

Thankfully, common sense prevails. "Stick to boxing," it says. "You jackass."

Despite, however, this awesome victory of the Filipino people against the evil forces of misguided sports celebrities who think they can waltz into politics any day just because they’ve won worldwide acclaim from a few international boxing matches, this little ocurrence will always be a reminder never to underestimate human ability to attempt completely screwed-up things.

Till next elections, whee.

No comments:

Post a Comment