Monday, July 9, 2007

syzygy!

So I haven't been around much lately (too busy). Boo hoo. I shall compensate with some incessant plugging.

Watch Blue Repertory's The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, a quasi-improvisational musical comedy about a bunch of overanxious kids competing in a spelling bee. It's murderously funny and insightful at the same time, dealing with one of my favorite topics ever. I forget what it is, but meh, anyway.

The material is awesome, and since there's a good deal of improvisation involved (audience volunteers actually "compete" on-stage with the actors), every show is different. I recommend watching it ten times over.

It ran four shows this weekend at the Fine Arts Theater in Gonzaga Hall, AdMU, and continues on the next two (July 13-15 and 20-22). Watch. Seriously.

* * *
Pretty useless day. Funny, because it's actually the first in weeks I was able to go home before dark and catch up on sleep. I swear, I've gotten so used to staying after school everyday for rehearsals until as late as 10:00, today just feels empty. Oh well. Two weekends to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment