Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 year-end recap

So here's New Year's Eve, and I just feel compelled to blog appropriately. It's been a wonderful year full of love and friendship and... oh fuck you all.

Some points of interest from 2007:

1. Turning 18, signifying that important life-changing transition from total cluelessness to -- as it would turn out -- total cluelessness still, except with the added hassle that I'm now completely responsible for all of my actions. Still, the fact that I can now legally contribute to the demise of this country (i.e., vote) is kind of cool.

2. R10's Lysistrata. Best class play ever by the best english block (no bias). I played the leader of a rowdy bunch of sex-deprived men. Great fun, foreshadowing all the theater I'd be getting throughout the year.

3. An entire fucking summer without internet at home.

4. The May 2007 elections. Manny Pacquiao runs for congress, and loses. HAHAHAHA! Nothing much besides that.

5. Learning to operate a motor vehicle, and getting a driver's license. More opportunities to endanger human lives and generally just crash into trees.

6. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee with Ateneo Blue Repertory. Lots of great fun, and kept me feeling happy and productive for a couple of months. Met a lot of wonderful people. I would end up joining BlueREP officially soon after.

7. Surprise, I got into a relationship.

8. BlueREP's newbie production, Sister Act, reminding me anew why I hate playing in a band.

9. The Last Five Years, helping out a friend with his directing thesis. Wonderful piece of musical theater, and one of the most challenging I've seen. You'd think three or four months of endless studying and playing and running is enough to get you sick of anything, but sometimes I'd still find myself listening to the CD after all that. I almost hate Jason Robert Brown for it, that show-off.

10. Sen. Antonio Trillanes, a military man, and a handful of armed supporters seize a hotel (again) and attempt to overthrow the government (again) in the name of Philippine democracy and other glorious military-ish things. They surrender a few hours later in order to not hurt anyone. :(

11. AVENUE Q OMG OMG OMG

Happy new year everyone!

2 comments: