Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pack that sheet (part 2)

Can I just say that I hate to write with so much annoyance on my first post of the year, but I'm wasting so much time being annoyed with having to do this goddamned JEEP report when I could be doing other things, like study for my History midterm -- an infinitely less mind-numbing thing to do.

That said, I know that I began the first day of my JEEP outreach with so much openness and willingness to learn, but the next several hours in that godforsaken DUNGEON eventually drove me to near-insanity, effectively destroying any life-changing realizations I could have had.

So, my final conclusions about my brief experience as a worker at Noah's goddamned Paper Mills, that I wish I could put on my stupid report (which is about the most redundant school requirement ever, since this comes after countless classroom discussions and even a paper about the same thing over and over again) :

1. It blew.

2. I thought the freedom from having to deal and interact with potentially creepy people would be great, but I've realized that I'd rather have people to talk to than MOUNTAINS OF PAPER.

3. Every time I see a tree now, I want to burn it.

4. If by any chance an Atenean is reading this who has yet to go through JEEP, DO NOT GO TO NOAH'S PAPER MILLS!!! Choose a place that will allow HUMAN INTERACTION that is spontaneous and not needless, because this is how you will learn about other people -- not by being surrounded by piles of paper all day. Granted, you will really experience all that shit Karl Marx said about alienated labor, but that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment