After Philosophy orals, all I could really think of was "meh," but I guess I surpassed my own expectations. I didn't get an A, but it's still pretty close, so I'm happy. But what am I doing basing my happiness on grades anyway?
Some time ago, I resolved to place more value on my education, and the random life lessons I might learn along the way. That includes aiming for good grades, because while grades do not define who I am, but merely offer a miniscule glimpse into my performance on a single subject at a single point in time, they all show up permanently on my fucking record. I'm a victim of an unfair system.
However, as noble as that resolution sounds, everything is really easier said than done. Case in point: Since that god-awful midterm exam (which I totally screwed, although not as miserably as some other people who are business majors, so I'll take comfort in that), I haven't been able to understand a single word my Economics professor is saying. And that's really all I'm trying to say here: I hate Ec 102!
And I really dislike just talking about school, so let me just say that it's great to see the tricycles back in Katipunan. Of course, it's a temporary resolution, but it's better than nothing. I'll make sure to eat lunch out later. I still have to write that goddamn food review.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment