So what brought on this random story? Well, a few years later, I find out that my work has been circulating in various forums, websites, and even YouTube ever since. This one's my favorite:
I recognized the bass part immediately. It's my piano version of the Theme of Payon! There's nothing else like it floating around the internet that I know of. I still have my original MIDI files, but I must say, there's nothing quite like hearing it played by a real person.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that while I, as an author, have been reduced to an anonymous speck on the infinitely vast Interwebs (I never bother to make sure I was properly credited), there's still an invaluable feeling of happiness that I get from knowing that there are enthusiastic people out there printing out the work that I made, learning to play them, and posting videos on YouTube. And in a way, my friends, I have become immortal. Che!


Props. *slow clap*
ReplyDeleteAnonymous immortality. Sweet.