I realize I haven't been posting a lot, and besides the unholy work-of-Satan that is Communication Thesis (which I will talk about in another post, hopefully), this production is to blame.
We all know who Jonathan Larson is, thanks to
Rent, but
Tick, Tick... Boom! is an earlier, lighter, and less-known work that tells the story of the composer's own troubled life before he became the phenomenal musical genius behind the now obscenely popular
Rent, which unfortunately has since passed into the realm of many things I can no longer stand hearing.

Watch "Jon" struggle through the thought of turning 30 as he remains an underachieving composer, while under constant pressure from girlfriend Susan who wants to get out of the city to settle down, and hot-shot best friend Michael, a starving actor-turned-marketing executive with a BMW. Though hilarity ensues, eventually they are led to the burning question of what makes people do what they do, culminating in a final number entitled "Louder Than Words." I invite whoever watches to make sense of this in their own way.
No comments:
Post a Comment