Monday, March 22, 2010

I am staying unemployed.

My acceptance letter from NUS/YSTCM came in the mail a few days ago. Receiving the news by email is one thing, but getting a big envelope delivered to your doorstep is really something of a different order. Not to mention I've been offered a full scholarship, which covers on-campus housing and a monthly living allowance of a few hundred Singapore dollars. WHAT A FUCKING RICH SCHOOL THIS IS!


To be honest, I'm scared shitless for this as much as I'm excited. There are so many things to consider---mainly the direction my life is taking, and the fact that while so many of my friends will already be earning their own money and advancing their careers within the next four years, I will be studying... for a second bachelor's degree. But this is something that I've thought over very carefully, and right now I really can't think of anything other than grabbing this fantastic opportunity by the balls, just because I can. I AM GETTING A FREE OVERSEAS EDUCATION BITCHES!

2 comments: