Friday, February 9, 2007

bah, humans

An old lady sat next to me on the jeepney going home yesterday. I was immediately reminded of how frustrating people can get when she spent the entire time facing me -- that is, towards the front of the crowded vehicle, as opposed to the opposite side from which she sat, which is only proper with the jeepney's all-too-familiar interior layout. For crying out loud.

I could have easily forgiven that annoyance to my personal space, of course, considering that she was old and barely living (or so I thought), but every couple of minutes or so, following sudden spasmodic movements of the vehicle (no jeepney ride is complete without one), she would be violently thrown sideways onto me while uttering some random expletive STRAIGHT INTO MY FUCKING EAR.

This went on until I had about reached my destination, by which time the last I heard of her was something about the driver's mother you wouldn't want to say in front of the children. Righto. You're on a fucking World War II relic, you stupid hag, what do you expect? Grab onto something like everyone else does.

By the time I was off the jeep, I was so occupied with evil thoughts involving aforementioned old lady and a crowbar that I absentmindedly snapped (my default attitude towards strangers) at one of those beggar street kids that jump you out of nowhere before he could say two words to me. I might just go to hell for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment