Thursday, June 19, 2008

park you

It's a given fact that Ateneo has limited parking spaces. Okay, fine. But the least some people can do is park their cars properly.

So I had just parked at the cornfield this morning. Those who've known me as a driver will know that I'm very obsessive about parking. If I have to, I will spend many, many minutes painstakingly fixing my parking until the car is aligned perfectly straight, and just about the right distance from all objects around, including other vehicles. It's a necessary and oft-ignored step to ensure that you are not the cause of inconvenience for other human beings, and you don't come back to find your car vandalized by the angry citizenry.

Anyway, I was about ready to step out of my car, when someone (probably a freshman) parked next to me, but at a distance far enough from my car to be a jackass and occupy a space meant for two cars. Now, it's understandable that some people may have difficulty with parking, but what's annoying is that the driver in question seemed to have not been aware at all that a heinous violation of basic human decency has just been committed.

Until a roving security guard came along and made the universe fall into place.

It was deeply satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment