Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More Notes

1. Should be asleep now, but still have stupid homework assignments... so I'm doing this instead.

2. Holy fuck. The new library in school is almost perverse in size and awesomeness.

3. I am beginning to appreciate taking a Minor in Music Literature. Admittedly the Ateneo music classes tend to be easy to the point of being useless, but building connections with teachers, who tend to be leading Filipino artists (the 'art music' world is small like that) is quite priceless. Just last Saturday I was able to watch a Koro Filipino concert for free (and got fed as well), thanks to one of my former teachers who was a featured composer. Said teacher is also eagerly inviting a thoroughly intimidated me to join the 'Asian Composers' League, Philippines,' of which she is Secretery-General. Of course this sounds so impressive when I write it down that way, but the truth is I'm a bungling, inactive composer and she's never seen any of my work apart from that piece for Buwan ng Wika, which was totally useless in the first place.

4. I attended a 'Blue Symphony' rehearsal for a performance this Friday. Why, why, why did I not do this sooner? Blue Symphony is an attempt to build a legitimate instrumental music ensemble in the Ateneo, a place very much behind when it comes to music. It's a little-known fact that I'm actually part of this group, because I was stupid enough to forget that I actually joined last semester, no thanks also to Blue Repertory and my thesis. Hopefully now that certain things are out of the way I can be a little bit more involved, if not active. I deeply regret having only four months now for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment