One small blog post cannot possibly count against the many problems of this world. But this is driving me crazy and I just feel compelled to respond, in any way at all, to the recent Maguindanao massacre.
Some people I know have already blamed the killings on 'godless' people. As an atheist, I'd rather not let it offend me because there are more pressing concerns in this country than my feelings. Still, this act of sheer evil goes far beyond such an issue. I can't even begin to imagine what these horrible, horrible people were thinking, to have shown no regard at all for human life, or the bounds of civilized society. Nothing, NOTHING, not even 'godlessness,' could make sense of this.
More than 50 people shot, raped, beheaded, or God knows what else. I don't know what to feel apart from sheer indignation. May justice quickly find its way in Mindanao.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment