Okay, first let me express my belief that happiness derived solely from material gain is a fake kind of happiness. This is one reason I can't stand Christmas; of all fake commercial holidays, this is the biggest -- even worse than Valentine's Day. I especially detest all the silly Kris Kringle/Secret Santa/whatever games people drag each other into.
But I miss the point, you say; the real joy of Christmas is in giving. Fine. Everyone deserves to feel the warm glow of giving. But some people (i.e., me) can be hard to please, and the pressure of guesswork and wasted money involved in the ritual of gift-shopping is something we can afford to, and should, do away with. Forget surprises, just go for quality.
That said, to save any kind souls who might be reading this the trouble of thinking of what to get me, here are a few ideas:
1. A full-size, weighted digital piano.
2. A cellphone, preferably with a QWERTY layout.
3. A good non-fiction book. My favorite subjects are philosophy, religion, history, and popular science; basically the nerdy stuff.
4. Comic books are always good.
5. A chromatic harmonica.
6. A FUCKING MEGAZORD. The old, old one. Do these things still exist??
7. Any geeky stuff in general. Like a puzzle, or a microscope, or a radio-controlled helicopter; the hell I'd know.
8. Anything to the effect of everything listed above. I'm really no good at making these things.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment